|1. Treatise - http://www.treatise.eu.com|
The EC-funded TREATISE project ran from January 2005 to June 2007 providing free training in environmental transport for energy, environmental and fleet professionals in Austria, Belgium, Finland, France, Greece, Netherlands, Spain and the UK. TREATISE also produced training manuals on Cleaner Fuels & Vehicles, Ecodriving, and Mobility Management and created a pc-based ecodriving simulator, a green fleet management tool and a CO2 Calculator to encourage people to choose less carbon-intensive modes.
The ecodriving manual can be downloaded from this link:
2. e-TREAM - http://etream.team-red.net
e-TREAM is a STEER project of the Intelligent Energy Europe Programme of the European Commission. e-TREAM offers a programme of education and training, more specifically through the employment of an e-learning platform consisting of several modules. E-learning modules covering a wide range of topics are available at the e-learning platform, on all relevant aspects:
In addition to the training modules, the students will receive comprehensive support from the project consortium of e-TREAM, especially from the knowledge pool of the Expert Board, which is part of the project and consists of more than 20 highly qualified experts from different European countries.
- Fundamentals of transport and energy (introduction)
- Production and utilisation of bio-fuels
- Alternative fuels and vehicles (excluding bio-fuels)
- Driving style and in-car devices
- Mobility management for municipalities
- Mobility management for companies and public authorities
- Mobility management for schools
- Demand management (urban planning and transport, access management, telematics, parking management)
- Mobility marketing (transport information, awareness raising, marketing, participation and change management)
In addition to the Expert Board the students will be supported by a user secretariat, which provides additional information on request.
3. COMPETENCE - http://www.transportlearning.net
COMPETENCE - Strengthening the knowledge of local management agencies in the transport field” is a 30-months project co-financed by the European Commission within STEER within the framework of the Intelligent Energy - Europe Programme EIE. The main activities in COMPETENCE are the design and implementation of international and national training and know how transfer activities, the design of training materials and the implementation of case studies as part of a training-on-the-job-program. The beneficiaries of the project are mainly local and regional energy agencies but also other organisations like environmental agencies, health bureaus etc. interested in enhancing their knowledge and skill base in the topic of urban transport. COMMERCE offers training manuals on:
- Fundamentals on transport & energy
- Vehicle technology & alternative fuels
- Public transport (quality, benchmarking, intermodality)
- Mobility management & Travel Awareness
- Walking and cycling
- Energy Conservation through Urban Design
- Telematics for energy efficient transport
- Pricing and parking space management
- Driving Style and In Car Devices
- EU policies and programmes
- Change management
- Information platforms and websites
- Preparation and submission of proposals
- Citizen participation process
4. RECODRIVE - http://www.recodrive.eu
RECODRIVE ("Rewarding and Recognition Schemes for Energy Conserving Driving, Vehicle procurement and maintenance") is a project aiming at merging existing ecodriving initiatives with good fleet management and logistics optimisation practice to push fuel saving in fleets beyond 10%. Interest groups and alliances of fleet owners will disseminate the RECODRIVE concept and invite other fleet owners to hand on workshops and symposia to work on sectoral policies e.g. addressing stakeholders. Policy guidelines will be developed in order to support the fleet owners in setting up recognition and rewarding schemes for drivers and managers, procurement and maintenance staff. A multi-lingual knowledge hub, implemented as an internet-based communication and information platform, tools supporting the training of drivers, the procurement of on-board and fuel management devices, dos and don’ts for the set-up of recognition and rewarding schemes and a support desk to help fleet owners will be implemented in the course of the project.
A nice brochure from the Swedish Road Administration (in English) about long-term planning and a long-term approach to maintain the eco-driving habit.